Zen, Alzheimer's, and Love

Zen, Alzheimer's, and Love



A story of enduring love between two authors with a deep interest in poetry, Beat literature, Zen, art and music, and includes poems and passages written during the heartrending experience of Alzheimer's, care-giving, and death.

Friday, April 5, 2019

MOVING TO MAUI (2)



Two weeks in my new place in Maui and simply loving it. Have met new friends and have received all kinds of help from ones I’ve known a long while and any problem seems to disappear with the breeze that enters in, lifts and takes it away. 

The ocean calls and invitations are open to any and all adventures. In the wake of exploration, may I continue to find ways to share my love of tea and Zen in Hawaii. I’m also learning beautiful Hawaiian phrases that express the aloha spirit beginning with learning that the word “aloha” means more than hello and goodbye but has a deeper and wider meaning that encompasses the cultural spirit of the people. One of their phrases that I particularly like is: "Mohala I ka wai ka maka o ka pua – which means “unfolded by the water are the faces of the flowers” – I like to think that each of us is a flower –unfolding in the waters of life ...



Hawaiian Golden Trumpet


Hawaiian Orchid (Housewarming gift)

No comments:

Post a Comment