Zen, Alzheimer's, and Love

Zen, Alzheimer's, and Love



A story of enduring love between two authors with a deep interest in poetry, Beat literature, Zen, art and music, and includes poems and passages written during the heartrending experience of Alzheimer's, care-giving, and death.

Friday, March 2, 2018

KBOO PATHWAYS INTERVIEW OF "WIFE, JUST LET GO."


The ongoing interest in Wife, Just Let Go, keeps me continually engaged in the world of Alzheimer’s, loss, and grief, where I’m called to share my own experiences in a positive, loving way. Perhaps the most important thing I learned as an effective care-person was to “hold” the memories for my husband struggling with the disease, to be a kind of “memory bank” for him, gifting memories and filling in the gaps he was experiencing as he strived to write and continued to write. He taught me to place a great faith in love, a love that transcends all measure and conditions, a love that demands deeper, wider understanding of a world shared by all beings.

Recently, I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Renee Poindexter for a Pathways Program on KBOO Radio regarding Wife, Just Let Go that I co-authored with my husband, Robert Briggs. It aired on Sunday, February 25, 2018 and for those who didn’t get to listen to this here’s a link to the recording. Feel free to contact me with your own ideas, feelings, thoughts or questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment